Today, every gas company has a website where customers can easily apply for a new gas connection. The process has advanced significantly since a few years ago, with people now able to get their connections online without leaving their homes or travelling with documents to the office.
These are the documents required when requesting a new connection.
- Driver’s licence
- Election card
- Lease agreement, flat possession letter, or house registration document
- Recent telephone, water, or electricity bill Bank account or credit card statement
Some of these may not be major requirements, but it is best to have copies on hand just in case. Furthermore, applicants will be required to submit a different document as both proof of identification and proof of address.
Online application for a gas connection
If all of the information is kept ready, the online process takes less than an hour. It can be handled in a few simple steps, which are outlined below.
- On the gas website, sign up as a new customer.
- Create a new user and enter the necessary information. The website typically requests the individual’s name and phone number.
- Collect the login information from the SMS sent to the registered phone number and confirm. They will then be able to sign in to their accounts.
- Use the newly created account to apply for a new connection.
- Fill out and submit the online application forms with the requested information.
The website will then send the next steps to all applicants via email to keep them updated on the application process, their status.
Some advantages of using LPG instead of traditional fires
LPG is simple to use because the stoves have an instant on/off switch that works with the twist of a knob. Furthermore, unlike traditional wood or dung fires, which provided a consistent amount of heat, the amount of fuel required can be adjusted.
Because of its high calorific value, cooking with LPG is much faster than cooking with other fuels. Furthermore, because you can adjust the flame for the best results.
KEEP YOUR KITCHEN CLEAN
An LPG cylinder is easy to store in the kitchen because it takes up little space. LPG, unlike traditional cooking fuels such as firewood, charcoal, and kerosene, produces no ash, soot, or harmful smoke.
SAFE AND ECONOMICAL
LPG is a cost-effective fuel. When compared to other types of cooking, LPG stoves and burners require less maintenance. LPG is a convenient and safe fuel.
You can apply for Fssai registration online, just like you can for a gas connection. The procedure is straightforward. All you need is a good internet connection and ready documents.